Militant shot dead in attack on police headquarters in Indonesia's Riau province

Five dead in attack on Indonesian police headquarters

Five dead in attack on Indonesian police headquarters

The fifth suspect who fled was was later arrested, he added.

Two officers were wounded while another was killed after one of the perpetrators tried to escape and crashed into the officer, he said.

Riau Provincial Police Spokesperson AKBP Sunarto said two police officers were injured. Police found the van not far from the location of the attack and searched it for possible explosive materials.

Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters.

One of the dead men had a suspected bomb strapped to his body, the report said.

Police responded by shooting the alleged attackers.

West Ham United 0-0 Manchester United: Four Things We Learned
The Scot has lost all five of his Premier League games against Everton since he left by an aggregate score of 12-0. The Frenchman came a lot closer moments later with a strike that curled just past the post from a narrow angle.

TV footage showed one man lying on the ground with a long sword next to his body and an armoured auto stationed outside the police station.

The attacks have put Indonesia on edge - and sparked a string of foreign government travel advisories - as the world's biggest Muslim-majority country starts the holy fasting month of Ramadan from Thursday. "People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby", Doddy said as quoted by

The attack followed multiple terrorist strikes recently in the country, including the riot in a jail in the capital last week, suicide bombings in three churches on Sunday in Surabaya city, the provincial capital of East Java, and a suicide bombing in the police headquarters in the city, which left at least 28 dead with dozens injured.

Police in Indonesia have raided several houses and killed several people in a nationwide hunt for more possible bombers.

Then on Monday in Surabaya, a family of five targeted a police station - four of them were killed but an eight-year-old girl survived.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.